Friday, January 23, 2015

From Boring to Boing

I love to play with words, (much to my older daughter's chagrin) so bear with me on today's post, okay?

I saw something interesting when I looked at the words 'boring' and 'boing.'

First, let's start with the definitions:

Boring- dull, tiresome

Boing- represents the noise of a compressed spring suddenly released



I also think of these words as symbols of inactivity and activity.

Now, what is the difference between the word spellings?

Yes. the letter 'R'.

And to make this word play even more interesting 'R' as a word is spelled 'are.'

And  'are' is the plural form of the present tense of the word 'be'.

When considering your life 'story' let's get beyond the 'boring' (or inactivity) and move to the 'boing' (that wonderful state of motion unleashed).

And here's the cool part: to do that stay in the present (are).

Accept each moment as a gift that is bestowed on you to give you time to complete your unique life goal. Look for ways to move forward and write your life 'story'.

Going from boring to boing is the only way to live. Okay, I may have had some fun with these words, but I bet you won't ever forget the idea of adding some 'boing' to your life 'story.'




No comments:

Post a Comment