Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Day After...

The day after a holiday can be either a let-down or a push forward.



The let-down feeling can come if you view the day as mostly preparation with little interaction.

"What? I cooked for 8 straight hours and everyone was done eating in 20 minutes!"

"Do you know how much traffic I sat in to buy that toy that was just broken?"

A push forward is totally different.

"I loved hearing grandma's stories about growing up. She overcame a lot of obstacles and is my inspiration."

"I am so proud of my cousin. Last year, she told us she had a big work-related goal and she achieved it."

The holidays give us a lot. Sure, they involve cooking, shopping, and cleaning.

But they give us a glimpse in the lives of those we love.

We get to see their life stories being written-- year after year-- holiday after holiday.

Write yours.

1 comment: