Saturday, May 9, 2015

Why Baby Birds Learn to Fly (and what that means to you!)

It's spring and the nests are filling with baby birds who will soon be flying.



Do you know how they learn to fly?

Mama birds use generous doses of  positive reinforcement and motivation.

As she feeds the baby in the nest, she begins to stand farther away during feeding time, which forces the baby out of the nest. The baby already senses that his life is dependent on food and he will do whatever needs to be done to get it.

Eventually, the baby is balancing with his wings. Instincts take over and before long, the baby is flying and using all of those cool physics principles like drag, lift, and thrust.

The baby, of course, only knows that his real life has just begun and he is now able to partake of nature's smorgasbord, anywhere and anytime.

I have always been impressed with the bird world and their ability to fly.

Now, I will take a lesson from mama bird and use some of that positive reinforcement and motivation in my own life.

Each day, I will take a step forward to achieve my goals.

Each day, I will remember that I am writing my unique life story.

And some day, I will fly into my future, fully prepared for success and fulfillment.


No comments:

Post a Comment