Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Your Real Résumé

The first thing I did today was update my résumé. The company I work for is relocating to another state.



When I first heard the news, I wondered where I would get another job, but then I reminded myself that I am not a slave to scarcity. There are many job positions out there; now I will look for the best one.

As I was working on my résumé, I realized there are a lot of things that aren't included because they do not fit the template.

Besides my work history and education, perhaps a prospective employer would know more about me if I added subheadings like:

Personality Profile: I am loyal, honest and optimistic.

Social Interaction: I work well with others, assisting them as needed and accepting advice and critiques favorably.

Worldview: I believe that love and kindness positively affects the people around me and I always strive to be supportive to others.

Always remember that you are more than the facts on your résumé. Your life 'story' may include a job but that job does not define you.

In fact, the true you cannot even be captured in a standard résumé!

After writing these words, the sun climbed over the horizon and lit up the entire sky.

Did the Universe just 'say' that something bright and wonderful will be coming into view soon?

Yep. That's exactly what I think.

Stay tuned to see what the Universe will be doing in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment