Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Options or Orders?

Do you see your life as a list of options that you can choose?



Or do you view your life unfolding based on the orders you placed in the Universe?

I hope you picked the second choice because that's really more accurate. While we are presented with a lot of options each day, the only way to achieve your life's goal and to write your 'story' is by consciously deciding what you want.

Opportunities and options are not the same thing. Opportunities come into your life to move you forward toward your goals; options are choices that may or may not be right for you and which may also slow you down or steer you off course.

That's why it's so important to articulate and even write down exactly what you want to achieve.

This thought has been going through my mind as I search for a new job. I have been looking at companies who are hiring and matching my relevant skills to that position.

But to make my life more profitable (both in the financial and in the fun categories) I am now going to approach my job hunting in a different way.

I am going to write down exactly what type of work I want to do, how many hours I want to work, and the salary I desire.

This will be an exciting experiment and, yes, I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment